Five Reasons We Love Goldfish Swim School During the Winter
For about a year, we’ve been taking weekly swimming classes at Goldfish Swim School. With our own swimming pool in the backyard and Lake Michigan a block away, swim classes have been a priority activity for us and will continue to be for many years to come. With a swim school like Goldfish, we’ll want to stay as long as possible! My husband and I joke that Teddy’s swim class is like a luxury club experience especially during these brutally cold winter months. Here are just five reasons we love Goldfish Swim School:
- The staff and instructors are kind, patient and, perhaps most importantly at this stage, make class fun! The kids are always all smiles and high-fiving the instructor throughout the lesson.
- Their play-based techniques work wonders. When we started, Teddy refused to put his head under the water while clutching to the wall. Now he swims laps across the pool unassisted and treads water with his arms in the air!
- Did I mention the tropical-like water and air temps? We especially appreciate the balmy air and cabanas this time of year.
- As a parent of three, I love that they think of the entire family. I forgot my entire diaper bag one day, but was relieved to find plenty of extra diapering essentials available in their spacious bathroom and dressing area. I also love the clean play area which is the perfect distraction for my three-year old during Teddy’s lessons.
- This is what I’ll call the “gravy.” From balloons and Bubbles fish toys, to monthly themes and offers (like freshly brewed coffee for adults) and games to free special events, there’s always something new to appeal to the kids and make them even that much more excited for class.
Winter is a looooong season, but with activities like swim lessons, we can briefly escape our snow-filled days.
*I work with Goldfish Swim School in exchange for lessons.