It’s that time of year! School events, special dinners with family and friends, Santa adventures and holiday celebrations galore. As we prep for these special moments, I’m also planning the kids’ outfits. I don’t typically buy an entire new outfit for these kind of occasions, but they’ve outgrown most clothes from last year and are in need some new sweaters, pants and dresses to outfit them for the season.
Enter KIDBOX, a personalized style box filled with on-trend kids clothing that’s delivered to your door. When I learned about KIDBOX, I was instantly intrigued. I loved that it was a convenient way to discover new clothes for my little ones, at a significant discount (you know I don’t like paying full price!) and without a shopping trip required.
KIDBOX offered me a chance to review their Limited Edition Special Occassion Box, filled with clothing geared for the special events of the season, and I was thrilled to put it to the test. Honestly, I’m a little particular when it comes to the quality and look of the clothes my kids wear. Could I really let someone else choose clothing for my kids that I, and most importantly, they, would like??
Before we get into my review, here’s how the shopping process works:
- You fill out a brief survey about the child you’re shopping for which includes some fun personality questions. You also can share what you want or don’t want see if your box. You can get really specific, if you want, or in my case, I shared my kids’ favorite colors, but decided to leave it open to the discretion of my stylist!
- Delivery fun! Each box is filled with 6-7 items chosen by a stylist and based on your completed survey.
- Pay for what you love. If you love one item, keep that and return the other items with a pre-paid shipping label. Love everything? Keep it all at a major discount. The baby box is a total of $68 and the boys and girls boxes are $98 each.
Teddy and Sloane were so excited to dig into their very own boxes. Teddy loved the handsome navy toggle sweater and cozy corduroys which is an “old man” outfit I would typically purchase for him (nice job, KIDBOX stylist!). His box included two sweaters, including this cool antler head black crew neck sweater, three pairs of pants (including Paper Denim & Cloth skinny black jeans) and two knit tops perfect for layering with the sweaters. His Thanksgiving and Christmas outfits are set!
Sloane’s box included a 7 For All Mankind brand outfit (the jeans and top alone would cost more than the total price of her box). Also included: a dress (which she put on right away), two pairs of stretchy leggings, Disney-branded Minnie Mouse top with a matching legging + skirt combo and a fuzzy pink purse. She promptly stuffed the purse with her My Little Ponies collection and requested to wear her new dress (two days in a row!).
We didn’t forget about little Sebastian! His box included some “street style” baby pieces including four adorable onesies, lightening bolt printed pants, a Mickey Mouse pajama set and a beachy tunic (perfect for that post-holiday warm weather trip).
Five Reasons to Shop From KIDBOX
- No subscription required. You order when you need new clothes. No need to worry about joining and cancelling a subscription by a certain date to avoid unwanted charges and unnecessary shipments.
- Shopping for a cause. If you decide to keep the entire box, KIDBOX will donate to a child or family in need. You get to choose, from a list of charities, where KIDBOX will donate on your behalf.
- Access to 120+ premier brands at a super discounted price. While I’m kind of a control freak about the styles and brands I buy for my kids, it’s refreshing to relinquish the decision making to a pro stylist. I was surprised to see familiar designer brands (like 7 For All Mankind and Paper Denim & Cloth) and excited to be introduced to cute new brands.
- Convenience! A few minutes is all it takes to complete a survey and order a box that has enough separates to mix and match and create many outfits. All from the comfort of home.
- A new take on gifting. Not sure what to gift the kids in your life? Looking for a gift for your bff’s first child? Ordering a KIDBOX is a fun way to surprise a little one with a variety of clothes and accessories to wear now and later. If you’re always looking for a new “gift” idea, this is one to add to the list!
SHOP HERE! Get your shopping done for the holidays early and make sure to have some new outfits for those special events. Use code StyleDujour to save 15% off your first box.
It’s safe to say KIDBOX is Style DJ- and kid-approved on our end. Have you tried KIDBOX before? If you give it a try this holiday season, please let me know what you think! (And remember to save with code StyleDujour).
*This post is in collaboration with KIDBOX. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.