5 Dietitian-Approved Popsicles and Frozen Treats
It’s summertime so that means our freezer is stocked with popsicles and cool treats. Honestly, my kids love popsicles most days in the summer and that’s fine by me. Popsicles can be a refreshing option to help re-hydrate after a busy day out in the sun.
When it comes to frozen treats, I look for options that are made with 100% fruit or fruit juice and are made with minimal ingredients.
Here are some of the popsicles and cool treats you’ll find in my freezer now that are tasty and can fit with a variety of dietary or allergy needs:
Five Dietitian-Approved Popsicles and Frozen Treats
- Chloe’s Marvel Fruit Pops (Gluten-free, dairy-free). The Marvel Spider-Man pops, available in Strawberry Lemon or Cherry & Grape, are refreshing and tasty at only 35 calories each. I love that the first ingredient is water followed by fruit puree. The larger Fruit Pop bars, with tropical flavors like Mango, Lime and Pomegranate, are equally delicious for 60 calories each (they are also gluten and dairy-free). I buy Chloe’s pops at my local retailers including Whole Foods, Jewel, Target and Mariano’s.
- DeeBee’s Organic 100% Fruit Superfruit Freezer Pops (Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan). DeeBee’s freezer pops are made with 100% organic fruit juice and puree with no added sugar for 25 calories a pop. You can order them from retailers like Amazon, Walmart or Instacart.
- Popsicle Fruit Twister. This is a new Popsicle brand treat. I like that the first three ingredients include water, non-fat milk and fruit purée. The pops are made with colors and flavors from natural sources. One pop has 70 calories and is a good source of Vitamin C. I pick these up at my local Target, Mariano’s and Jewel stores.
- Luigi’s Real Italian Ice (Gluten-free). Italian ice is refreshing and I love that the little cups are easy to serve and mess-free. One cup has 100 calories and the first ingredient is water. I pick these up at Target, Mariano’s and Jewel.
- Outshine Half-Dipped Bars (Gluten-free, non GMO). This one is a personal favorite! Dipped in 70% cacao dark chocolate, I love the refreshing fruit paired with chocolate. One bar is a good source of Vitamins C and E.
Have you tried any of these popsicles or frozen treats? Please share your favorites with me!