While I love to cook, I’ve definitely been in a cooking hiatus for the last few months, if not longer, but the change of season and start of the school year has prompted me to give my meal prep and cooking routine a reboot for the benefit of my own culinary interest, but mainly for the benefit of my kiddos and family dinner quality.
Thankfully, my mom, who is an outstanding cook and is always finding and trying new recipes, discovered this delicious pizza recipe from Southern Living. It’s a meal you can prepare and pop in the oven in less than 30 minutes and some of the steps you can easily prep beforehand (if you’re a mama like me, this is key, right?!). The recipe twist (no red sauce here!), fresh ingredients and flavor combos make this a meal fit for a foodie.
And with the help of some adorable assistants, here’s how easy it is to make (in picture form <3):
Perfect as a filling meal (pizza + greens)…
…or served in more bite-sized squares for a dinner with friends or passed as an app for a shower or party.
Best served with a cold beer. 🙂
Happy Friday, my friends!! Cheers!!
Sheet Pan White Pizza with Peppers + Salami
(credit: Southern Living, July 2016)
1 pound store-bought pizza dough
8 ounces ricotta cheese (about 1 cup)
1 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1/4 cup)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
8 slices salami, cut into strips
1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
3 cups fresh arugula
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. Place a large rimmed baking sheet (at least 17 x 11 inches) in oven. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place pizza dough on a lightly floured surface, and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand 20 minutes.
2. Stir together cheeses, garlic, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
3. Roll out dough on a floured surface to a 17- by 11-inch rectangle. Transfer to a large piece of lightly greased parchment paper; carefully place in hot baking sheet. Top with ricotta mixture, salami, bell peppers, and red onion. Brush edges with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil.
4. Bake in preheated oven until dough is golden brown and crisp, 15 to 18 minutes.
5. Toss together arugula, lemon juice, remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Top pizza with arugula mixture; sprinkle with red pepper.